The LC filter is a large filter that must be rated to run at the switching frequencies of the converter, and must be able to handle the peak current the bridge will pull from the buck converter. This is implemented as a high power buck converter. The green lines show the current across R as R decreases current goes up. It was then etched in ferric chloride. The IGBTs are mounted in small terminal blocks for easy replacement. After several iterations, physical tests and simulations in LTspice, I settled on a design which seemed to work well.
|Date Added:||1 October 2008|
|File Size:||47.71 Mb|
|Operating Systems:||Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X|
|Price:||Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]|
In my experiences with the PLL driver on Steve Conners site, the phase shift drswtc not consistent when the secondary is detuned by streamers. First up was testing the resonant frequency of the secondary coil with the slightly-smaller-than 2×8″ toroid in place. At full VAC input i get 36″ strikes.
The trick is to take the VCO output, and feed it through a delay line, which is set to the delay of the driver and mosfets, and feed this into the phase comparator input. I see that 3 foot soonly growing to This test was done with a V DC power supply. An important part about making the bridge circuitry is to reduce the inductance of the bridge so that during the high current switching events, there will be as little voltage spikes as possible.
The main options were:. I went for a 8-bit granularity, resulting in a One thing, On richieburnett’s old SSTC pumped up a bit streamers formed straight, sharp spikes, like small swords, and looked pretty evil and powerful. When browsing around the Russian flyback.
I designed the simple bridge in Eagle. The LC filter is a large filter that must be rated to run at the switching frequencies of the converter, and must be able to handle the peak current the bridge will pull from the buck converter.
There are dtsstc “gotcha’s”. All we need is a higher bus voltage or a large bus cap, or both I have plll for uF. The project was put on hold for a while since I got busy with other things, but after moving to a new apartment, it was time to get the project back on its feet.
I had a spare nF 1. In classic SSTCs, the primary is not resonant and the switches shut off when the primary current is at its peak.
The Dirty DRSSTC, part 2
This results in what appears to be a very efficient spark propagation, leading to very long sword-like sparks with incredible spark lengths compared to the secondary coil. However, if a suitably powerful buck converter can be made, then we can potentially produce the best results since the inverter transistors are soft-switched.
I still think they are cool, and isnt that what drstc really comes down to anyway?.
This happens at around V slightly lower than our V, due to the higher switch frequency in the simulationand this in real life causes the kink in the profile.
Having built several successful coils, Frsstc wanted to try my hand at a more advanced project. I tapped holes into the heat-sink and assembled the bridge together. The highest switch frequency is around 25kHz.
In order to keep the costs of the project down and to make the circuit as simple and elegant as possible, I have opted for the buck-converter topology. Im not sure why it failed. Clearly there is but one choice: The high coupling also causes the poles of the resonant system to move apart more – more on this later. Now it’s time to get it tested!
This was later swapped to a TL fast comparator when I re-did my QCW buck circuit due to some errors in the design, and also because I had some s lying around the AD works great but is quite expensive. This is implemented as a high power buck converter. These are the following improvements I plan to make since my original project goal has now been achieved! Brass bars were machined to hold them together and act as terminals. Since we’re looking to maximize power for a QCW, a full bridge makes the most sense although there is no reason why it wouldn’t work with a half bridge.
It’s great to have access to a laser cutter! One problem is that there seem to be a problem with offsets from the input of my micro to the output, and I will need to get that fixed.